COA Solutions and MITS Partnership Enables Patient-Level Analytics
A partnership between COA Solutions and Management Information Tools , Inc. (MITS ) is enabling patient-level resource management analytics, helping managers and theater (operating room) staff in healthcare organizations to operate their business units with greater efficiency. COA Solutions is a UK supplier of integrated business management and information systems and MITS is a US-based provider of advanced reporting and business intelligence software.
This partnership sees the integration of MITS Discover (Standard Edition) analytics reporting tool into COA Solutions ' patient-level resource management system (PRM). PRM records and replenishes theater stock, replacing inefficient and costly paper-based stock management processes.
With the tightly-integrated MITS Discover product, named PRM Analytics, users of the PRM system are provided with key information to support patient-level costing and ultimately service-line management, including the following:
- Up-to-date management information on spend and stock within theaters;
- Usage information by theater, procedure, surgeon, clinical area and patient (private or NHS);
- Products that consultants have used in each patient episode;
- Costs of products and services used;
- Reports that compare stock takes and usage;
- Stock inventories;
- Immediate stock holding valuation;
- Product traceability - Instant on-line information about serial numbers and lot numbers used on patient implants; and
- The ability to drill down to transaction level as desired.
Peter Leigh , Health Sector Manager from COA Solutions , comments, "The COA Solutions and MITS partnership has created an integrated solution which is the most powerful and functionally-rich patient-level resource management system on the market. With information from PRM Analytics to hand, healthcare managers and theater staff are provided with the key information they require to aid efficiency savings."
Coletta Vigh, Channel Manager from MITS , says, "The PRM Analytics engine offers users a very simple, easy-to-use interface granting them access to a wealth of information. With PRM Analytics, users can analyze and report on every aspect of their organization's patient-level resource management, helping to produce service-line management reports and to address the challenges prevalent in many healthcare organizations."