OpenDB 3.1 Released for D3
TigerLogic is pleased to announce the general availability of OpenDB 3.1 for D3 database platforms version 7.4 or later. OpenDB is a stand-alone Windows application that provides access to ODBC-compliant databases from the D3 environment. Once the connection is established between D3 and the remote database server, D3 is able to read, write and select data from the RDBMS as if it were a part of D3 .
This major release of OpenDB server is supported on the following O/S platforms: Windows XP (32bit/64bit), Windows Server 2003 (32bit/64bit), Windows Vista (32bit/64bit), Windows 7 (32bit/64bit) and Windows Server 2008 (32bit/64bit).
New in OpenDB 3.1
- Added support for MySQL databases
- Added support for the SQL_LONGVARCHAR data type which enables a text field of up to 65536 bytes
- Enhanced the startup of OpenDB to be able to specify the maximum column size using the /maxcolsize switch
- Enhanced performance to return results immediately when performing sequential access of relational data
- Updated documentation with more examples, including accessing MySQL