AccuTerm 7.1 sp2 available now
We are pleased to announce the release of AccuTerm 7 release 7.1a-sp2! After nearly a year in development, the first major update for AccuTerm 7 is now available for new purchases and upgrades. AccuTerm 7 was designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8 and is compatible with Windows XP-SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012. Both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows are supported.
Note: AccuTerm 7 is supported on Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro, but is not supported on Windows RT.
The main focus of release 7.1 has been to add support for Unicode (UTF-8): in terminal sessions (green-screen), in the GUI, the wED Editor, file transfers, and via the OLE Automation interface. Quite a bit of re-engineering was involved - Unicode had not been invented when the hardware emulated by AccuTerm was in common use.
Other notable enhancements in the 7.1 release include adoption of MSI-based installer technology, improved terminal font, new "FIPS-140" mode for Secure Shell, and several long-awaited new features in the wED Editor.
The following bugs have been fixed (main program):
- Fixed macro recorder issue crashing program when recording macro opening multiple sessions.
- Fixed macro recorder problem with recording of HostPort and Palette properties.
- Fixed relative path for ssh private key file name in .atcf file.
- Fixed incorrect character set bug in slave printing "copy print" or "auto print" mode.
- Fixed crash when using print adapter and host character set is UTF-8.
- Updated adapter scripts for Print Wizard version 4.1.
- Updated components for .Net compatibility.