Revelation Software has announced the availability of the latest release of OpenInsight Development Suite (OI) 9.2. OI 9.2 provides the following new components:
- OpenInsight for Web (O4W) – A web 2.0 development toolkit that empowers OpenInsight developers to rapidly create browser based forms, reports, menus, dashboards and programs.
- SQL Connector – With this new connector, SQL tables are now seen as native tables to all components of OpenInsight including forms, reports, popups, stored procedures and O4W.
- OpenInsight for D3 – This connector will allow OpenInsight to be used as a front end application development tool with the D3 database from TigerLogic Corporation.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) – By configuring SSO, OpenInsight users can be authenticated via traditional OpenInsight methods, via Windows security, or via a combination of both.
- Bitmap Indexes – This type of index is used where the number of indexed values are relatively small; e.g. Sex (M/F), Active (Yes/No), etc. Bitmap Indexes are extremely fast, and are much faster than our existing Btree indexes.
- OECGI3 – This is the OpenEngine Common Gateway Interface version 3 which supports Failover and Load Balancing modes. These modes make OECGI3 a more robust connection object and allows for extra capacity and/or redundancy to be added to a web application.
"This release continues our commitment to extended OpenInsight by embracing new technologies as well as providing seamless integration with external databases. In and of itself O4W is so feature rich it could have been marketed as a standalone product," said Mike Ruane, President/CEO Revelation Software, "The inclusion of O4W as part of our OpenInsight Development Suite further empowers our development community."
OpenInsight Development Suite 9.2 can be purchased as a front end development toolkit for the U2, D3 and SQL Server databases. "With the release of OpenInsight 9.2 we have introduced new licensing which allows both MultiValue and SQL developers to purchase OpenInsight as a front end development toolkit without our Linear Hash database.", said Robert Catalano, Director of Sales, Revelation Software. "When purchased as a toolkit only, the price is $60.00 per user with a minimum of 10 users for web based applications."
Founded in 1982, Revelation Software delivers a suite of application development tools and companion services that take full advantage of leading network computing architectures, messaging, groupware, and client server platforms. Today, the company's flagship product OpenInsight is the only database development and application environment that provides both Windows and Java-based GUI s tools to develop and deploy web-based and client server applications that support native and relational XML, SQL, Lotus Notes and the leading legacy Multi-Value data sources such as Arev, Pick and IBM Universe. There are more than 1.5 million licensed users of Revelation products across 60,000 deployed sites worldwide. The company has offices in Westwood, New Jersey, as well as a European distributor in the United Kingdom, and an Asia Pacific subsidiary in Australia.
OpenInsight is a repository-based applications development environment
that enables development teams to work collaboratively to design,
develop, deploy and scale high-performance business solutions on
leading messaging and client/server platforms. OpenInsight is a
Windows-based application development environment that can reside
on either Windows or Linux servers when used in conjuction with our
network product Universal Driver 4.5. Arev32, Character to
OpenInsight (CTO), the U2 Connector, WebOI and the Bravo Dashboard
are all included in OpenInsight 9.0 Server Edition and above.